Using the site
We have tried to create a website that is available to everyone including those with visual impairments. We have done this by:
- Aiming to use a web font so all text is easy to read.
- Using alt tags for images to convey information.
- Ensuring that navigation through our website works in a consistent way.
- Avoiding the use of images of text wherever possible.
Below are a few helpful ways in which you can start using the website more easily.
BrowseAloud is a suite of products that provides reading support on websites. BrowseAloud reads website content out loud, highlighting each word as it is spoken in a high quality, human-sounding voice.
Other features include:
- Dual-Colour Highlighting
- Text Magnification
- Talking Dictionary
- Talking Translator
- MP3 Maker
- Screen Masking
More than 7,000 websites use BrowseAloud, so once you have it on your device you can listen to all of these websites too. Click here to find out more about BrowseAloud
To change text size on the site:
To increase size: use CTRL +
To reduce size: use CTRL -
To reset: use CTRL 0 (zero) or CTRL *
To change font and colour on the site:
For a step by step instruction on how to change the font and colour settings please see your browser help page. For most browsers you can access the help page by pressing F1. Sometimes help is displayed as a tab at the top of the screen, a tool symbol or a cog on the right-hand side corner or on the dropdown from the browser main tab.
The content has been written and formatted to make it accessible. For example:
- Headings highlight sections of text.
- Sentences are short with the meaning at the beginning.
- Links use meaningful text.
- Forms can be navigated using the tab key.
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing the site or have any comments please call us on 0300 303 2500.
Opening hours: Monday - Thursday: 9.00 am - 5.15 pm and Friday: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm.
You can also email us at email@example.com