Social Media Policy
Swan Housing Association and its subsidiaries (Hera Management Services and NU living) use social networking sites as a place for you to interact with each other as well as with us.
For our social networking sites to be a space for everyone to enjoy and find useful, we ask that you read and follow our policy guidelines below.
Failure to do so may lead to the removal of posts and even blocking the offender from participating in these forms of media, if persistent.
Social Networking Guidelines for followers / fans of Swan pages
We will monitor these pages and respond where we can during office hours and will offer general signposting (direction advice) where appropriate. However, please remember that a public forum is not the place to discuss in depth, personal issues, repairs or complaints. In these instances, we recommend you call us on 0300 303 2500 or via Live Chat at swan.org.uk and liaise with the appropriate team.
Please remember that this is a public forum and any posts/comments you make will be visible to others, including residents, staff, Local Authorities and people from the various authorities and organisations who monitor what we do.
In respect of this:
- Please avoid posting anything that identifies or discusses any individual, especially personal details, including (but not exclusive to): full names, addresses, dates of birth, phone numbers or anything that could specifically identify any individual, including staff or residents, or divulge information that could compromise a person's safety and security.
- Please avoid posting or discussing any confidential or sensitive information.
- Please do not post anything that could be deemed as offensive, or inappropriate for a public forum including anything: false, misleading, offensive, harassing, bullying, discriminatory, hateful, libellous, profane, abusive, defamatory, or use unnecessary use of foul language.
- Please think before you post! Would you like any of the information you are about to post to be posted about you? If in doubt, then leave it out and DO NOT POST.
- Swan Housing Association reserves the right to remove any posts that could be deemed as offensive, hateful, harassing or abusive to their staff or residents and if continued, reserve the right to block or ban the offender and report them to the appropriate authorities.
If you would like to talk us about this policy then please email email@example.com