Home swap

If you hold a secure or assured tenancy you may find that the quickest way for you to move home is by a mutual exchange. A Mutual Exchange is when two or more social housing tenants agree to swap their homes. Swan are members of www.homeswapper.co.uk and Swan tenants can register on this website free of charge. You may also find someone to swap with through friends and family, advertising in a local paper or shop window or via social media. Three-way exchanges are not uncommon and increase your chances of finding someone to swap with.

If you decide to do a mutual exchange you need Swan’s permission. Residents who exchange their homes must accept the other property in the condition it is in and take on any repairs that the outgoing tenant was responsible for. Both tenants need to complete a Mutual Exchange application, which can be found here.

Find our Mutual Exchange policy here.