Sustainability matters to the Swan Group. We deliver innovative homes designed for tomorrow's lifestyles and technologies. We continue to utilise modern construction methods, which combine the best construction standards along with reducing the carbon footprint of our developments.
We are committed to using our corporate strength to ensure that our activities help to improve quality of life for people today, whilst considering the needs of future generations.
We are developing an ethos of environmental, social and economic sustainability throughout our organisation and encouraging sustainable actions from our clients, supply chain members and community partners.
To support our approach to sustainable development, we make the following commitments:
- Creating sustainable communities for our residents to thrive for generations to come.
- Develop sustainable construction methods to future proof our homes by making them more efficient.
- Practice sustainable stewardship by ensuring that we understand our impact and mitigate any negative impacts.
- Tackle Climate Change and Resource Efficiency by reducing our resource consumption and making sure our homes are fit for the future.
- Monitor, report and reduce our carbon emissions to minimise our impact.
Our Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2016 - 2021 sets out how Swan will:
• Enhance its position as one of the most sustainable and environmentally-conscious Housing Associations in the UK.
It describes how our approach to sustainability will contribute to our organisational objectives, KPIs and Swan's mission. Swan will ensure its impact on the environment will be kept to a minimum with all legal obligations addressed. Environmental risks will be mitigated, carbon emissions reduced and we will continually improve our performance.
Our Environmental Policy 2018 also outlines our company stance on sustainability and looking after the environment.