- Salary: £25000 - £28000 per annum
- Location: Basildon, Essex
- Closing Date: 29/03/2019
At the start of 2017, Swan took the keys to our NU Factory. Using our NU build system, we use modern methods of construction, in a high-tech manufacturing environment to build modules made of sustainable Cross Laminated Timber (CLT), which will be constructed and fitted out in the factory before delivery to site.
Due to continued growth, we are currently looking to recruit Team Leaders to lead and supervise a team of Multi Skilled Production Operatives across a dedicated work zone/area. This is a hands-on role for an experienced Team Leader with a strong background in manufacturing and Lean principles.
A strong emphasis will be placed on Right First Time (RFT) and a solid team commitment to deliver modules on time and of excellent quality.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing production facility, with a strong team culture.
Responsibilities will include:-
- Leading and motivating teams to achieve daily output targets & quality standards
- Solving production queries
- Ensuring the production tasks are adequately resourced
- Ensure staff adhere to policies and procedures
- Engaging personnel to be responsible and active during the working day
- Ability to train/mentor team members
- Complete documentation (module trackers etc)
- Awareness of Health & Safety
- Communication with the Production Manager, Shift Manager & Engineering Team
Ideally you will have a minimum 2 years experience in a supervisory role, and an understanding of CAD drawings. You will possess excellent people and communication skills, and be able to prioritise your workload accordingly.
We are at the forefront of innovation with our construction methods, so if you want to be part of the Modular Housing Revolution in the UK, then we want to hear from you!
To view the job description, please click here.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We currently operate a day shift but will be moving to an alternating 6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm split shift in April 2019, so please only apply if you are happy with these working hours.