Delivering effective services, enterprising solutions and exemplary homes and communities.


Regulatory Assessment

Social housing providers such as Swan are accountable to their residents, board of management, funders and external regulators.   The independent Regulation Committee was established by the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) under the provisions of the Localism Act 2011.  The HCA is the regulator of social housing in England and carries out its regulatory functions through the Regulation Committee. 

Regulatory standards within the framework contain the outcomes that housing providers are expected to achieve and the specific expectations of the HCA as regulator. The standards are classified as either 'economic' or 'consumer'.

Economic Standards Consumer Standards

Governance and Financial Viability

Value for Money


Tenant Involvement and Empowerment



Neighbourhood and Community

Click here to view the Regulatory Framework

Before the HCA became responsible for regulating social landlords they were regulated by the Tenant Services Authority (TSA) and their services were inspected by the Audit Commission.

The Care Quality Commission 

Where Swan deliver care services we must comply with The Care Quality Commission (CQC) Essential Standards.  The CQC regulates all health and adult social care services in England.

The CQC monitors the care services people receive to ensure they meet the essential standards of quality and safety.  They encourage ongoing improvements from organisations which provide or commission care.

As a provider of care Swan has to show evidence to the CQC that we are meeting the essential standards of quality and safety. Further information about the CQC and the essential standards can be found on the CQC Website:

Residents toolbox


© Swan Housing Association 2018. All rights reserved. Company no. 28496R. VAT No. 713 9515 35
Registered address: Pilgrim House, High Street, Billericay, Essex CM12 9XY.
Regulated by: Regulator of Social Housing.

E:  T: 0300 303 2500

Website by Frontmedia