Purfleet-on-Thames, Thurrock, Essex, RM19
Purfleet Centre Regeneration Limited - a joint venture between Urban Catalyst Limited and Swan Housing Association - in partnership with Thurrock Council, is regenerating the town of Purfleet-on-Thames. This large scale redevelopment will contribute to Purfleet-on-Thames’ position as a new riverside destination and the creative heart of the Thames Gateway.
The £1.4bn scheme will create:
- up to 2,850 one, two, three and four bedroom homes, with a mix of private sale, market rent, and affordable tenures;
- shops, restaurants, a medical centre and community facilities;
- a new town centre with upgraded rail station facilities and improved riverside areas as well as access that will help transform Purfleet-on-Thames into a new destination;
- a new primary school, secondary school and higher and further education campus;
- a state-of-the-art media village;
- new parks and leisure spaces.
Work has started on Phase 1A of the scheme, which will deliver 61 new family homes close to the train station, a children’s play area and orchard walk and will reinstate access to Hollow Woods.
The regeneration scheme will be completed by 2034.