Purfleet-on-Thames, Thurrock, Essex, RM19
Purfleet Centre Regeneration Limited - a joint venture between Urban Catalyst Limited and Swan Housing Association - in partnership with Thurrock Council, is regenerating the town of Purfleet-on-Thames. This large scale redevelopment will contribute to Purfleet-on-Thames’ position as a new riverside destination and the creative heart of the Thames Gateway.
The £1bn scheme will create:
- up to 2,850 one, two, three and four bedroom homes, with a mix of private sale, market rent, and affordable tenures;
- shops, restaurants, a medical centre and community facilities;
- a new town centre with upgraded rail station facilities and improved riverside areas as well as access that will help transform Purfleet-on-Thames into a new destination;
- a new primary school, secondary school and higher and further education campus;
- a state-of-the-art media village;
- new parks and leisure spaces.
Work on Phase 1A of the scheme, which will deliver 61 new family homes close to the train station, a children’s play area and orchard walk and will reinstate access to Hollow Woods. Work due to commence Autumn 2020. Homes will be available to purchase in late 2021, with occupation in spring 2022.
The regeneration scheme will be completed by 2034.
Find out more here.